The Old FIshmarket’s Crevettes on Sourdough
Probably the most popular dish on the menu, we know this because when it comes off people email me hard!
- 12 Crevettes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 chilli, chopped, seeds left in.
- 100g butter
- as many cloves of garlic as you like, 1 per person is a good start. crushed.
- 100ml white wine, whatever you’re drinking will do
- ½ lemon, juiced.
- 2 slices of decent sour dough, lightly toasted.
Your first job is to gather all the ingredients and prepare them before we start in the pan as things happen fast in this dish.
- Heat your pan and add the oil, and then butter.
- When the butter starts to foam add the crevettes, chillis & garlic.
- Once the butter starts to foam again add the white wine, juice of half a lemon and bring to the boil.
- Once the sauce has reduced to the thickness of double cream take out the crevettes and place on top of the sourdough.
- Then pour the remaining sauce evenly between the two dishes.